Policosanol 10mg

$35.99 $47.99 -26% OFF
Product description

Features and benefits Contains a patented mixture of sugar cane wax alcohols which reduces cholesterol and assists in managing normal cholesterol. This sugar cane wax alcohols product has been clinically proven in more than 30 trials over a 10 year period. Reduces LDL (bad) cholesterol and increases HDL (good) cholesterol. Improving the LDL/HDL cholesterol ratio is beneficial to health. Is a mixture of naturally occurring compounds extracted from the waxy coating of the stems and leaves of sugar cane and is comprised of 8 different waxy alcohols in specific ratios. Results should be expected after 8 weeks. Small, easy-to-swallow tablet How it works About 25% of the cholesterol in our bodies comes from meat and dairy food in our diets. The other 75% is made in the cells of our bodies from a substance called acetylCoA. Policosanol decreases the activity of an enzyme that is involved in the conversion of acetylCoA to cholesterol. As a result, the production of cholesterol in the body is decreased. Policosanol also increases the clearance of LDL-cholesterol (“bad cholesterol”) from the blood by increasing the number of cellular LDL receptors. Dosage Children (under 0 years) - Not recomemended for children under 12 years of age. Adults - The recommended dose is 1 tablet daily, taken with the evening meal because cholesterol production is greater at night. Blackmores recommends you have your cholesterol tested. A daily dosage of 10mg should not be exceeded. Active Ingredients Per Tablet Sugar cane wax alcohols 10mg.