Features and benefits
- Capsule can be opened for easy dispensing to children or infants
- Acid tolerant (enabling the microorganisms to survive the acid environment of the stomach and colonise the bowel)
- Comes from a special human strain which provides easier adhesion to the bowel wall and more effective colonisation
- Freeze-dried and encapsulated (protecting bacteria from heat, light, moisture and oxygen)
- Suitable for use during pregnancy
How it works
Keeping intestinal bacteria in balance plays an important role in our general health and wellbeing. The ‘good’ bacteria aid digestion and stimulate the immune response.
Lactobacillus acidophilus and Bifidobacterium animalis are important beneficial bacteria, which help to stabilise and maintain healthy gut flora . These bacteria maintain intestinal health by inhibiting the overgrowth of pathogenic bacteria through competition for attachment sites and nutrients, as well as producing acids that slow down the growth of pathogenic bacteria.
Adults - Take 1 capsule 3 times a day with meals, or as professionally prescribed.
Children 6 - 12 years - Take 1 capsule twice a day with meals.Children (from 2 years to 6 years) - Take 1 capsule with breakfast, or as professionally prescribed.
Children 2 - 6 years - Take 1 capsule with breakfast, or as professionally prescribed.
Children (under 2 years) - Only as professionally prescribed.
Capsule may be opened and contents sprinkled on food or mixed with yoghurt.
Contraindications & Cautions
- Always read the label. Use only as directed.
- If digestive symptoms persist, see your healthcare professional
Recommendation: To maintain potency, refrigerate after purchase.
Active ingredients per capsule
1 billion organisms made up of Lactobacillus acidophilus and Bifidobacterium animalis.